Tonight I'll be at our North Branch, and I'm pretty excited about who has signed up. Many of the teens who normally hang out at Main and South are signed up! That's definitely a sign of a good program. Another good sign is when you see teens you've never seen before. Hopefully that happens, too! It's snowing pretty hard here this morning though, I hope that it stops and the roads clear up so that everyone can make it.
I assume none of my teens know about this blog, so I'm going to post the questions I wrote here. There is also a round where I show a famous painting and ask either who painted it or what it's called, and one where I show pictures of famous people and ask the teens to identify them. Last time I used Kevin Bacon, Jenna Marbles, and our library director for that round. They didn't know Kevin Bacon or the director, but they knew Jenna Marbles! This time I chose Hilary Clinton, Psy, and Walt Disney.
Here are the questions! How many can you get right?
1)Which president was the first to be sworn in on live TV? He was the 33rd president.
2) Which president was the first to have a pet cat in the white house?
3)Who was the FIRST first lady had both a husband and a son serve as president?
Famous African Americans:
1) This famous man developed 325 different products from peanuts.
2)This woman developed beauty products for African American women, eventually employing as many as 5000.
3) This man was the first African American supreme court justice:
1)What marine mammal is known as the “Sea Cow”
2)What kind of whale is known as the “Killer Whale”?
3) What is one of the mountain lion's multiple other names?
1)Name the three grown men who share a house in the show “Full House”
2)It was recently announced that this 90s show will soon be getting a re-boot revolving around the teenaged daughter of two of the main characters of the original show. What was the original show?
3)Name the show that centers around the patriarch of the Huxtable family.
1)How many members are in the band One Direction?
2)What is the first name of the butler in the anime/manga Black Butler?
3) What song is currently #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 list?
1)According to the recently celebrated Chinese New year, we have just entered the year of the what?
2)Name the Egyptian sun god
3) Who is the Norse god of Thunder?
1)Everyone knows J.K. Rowling wrote the Harry Potter books. What does the J stand for?
2) Everyone knows J.R.R. Tolkien wrote the Lord of the Rings books. What does the J stand for?
3) Everyone knows Lemony Snicket wrote The Series of Unfortunate Events. But that’s just a pen name. What is the author’s REAL name?
1) Who said, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"
2)What French Queen allegedly said “Let them eat cake”
3) “Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need roads” comes from what movie?